Man alive, did I get out of bed on the wrong side this morning.
I woke up in a foul mood, I actually think I slept in a foul mood, and I sure as heck went to work with a face like a smacked arse.
I couldn’t put my finger on what it was, I just felt, well, miserable……
- PMT? Possible.
- Stress at Work? Likely.
- Feeling poor after Christmas? Yep.
- Cold and bored of the snow already? Definitely.
- Broke my new years resolutions? All but one of them (yay for me – no booze – hmmmm, maybe that’s the problem?!)
Then I saw an article in the Daily Mail (don’t judge me, it is an acceptable source of news…) stating it’s ‘Blue Monday’, the most depressing day of the year.
If there is one thing worse than being miserable, it’s being a miserable cliché, and if there is one thing worse than being a miserable cliché, it’s being a miserable Daily Mail cliché.
So I promptly got over myself and resolved to be happy. This was greatly aided by the following:
- An ‘upgrade’ from evening guest to day guest at a wedding we’re going to in April;
- A piece of fabulous news from a friend who’s been having a tough time;
- One of my friends at work brought me in all of her Green & Blacks rejects from the selection pack she got for Christmas. She eats all the milk chocolate ones and I get all the rest, it’s possibly the perfect symbiotic relationship and the prospect of being able to eat my own body weight in chocolate was a real mood booster.
Finally, I finished work on time, hit the Box and WODed my ass off at Crossfit. Woo hoo, who’d have thought that kettle bells, skipping ropes and burpees could be the source of all happiness…….