I love bread. Bread, bread, bread.
I read so many blogs of people who are well behaved and who don’t touch the evil spawn of grain. But I do.
I’ve been having a sandwichy couple of weeks recently, I blame my sister for buying me this bit of neatness for my Christmas present:
Best present ever – a reusable sandwich wrapper!
My favourite sandwich at the moment is mushroom pate with sliced cucumber. Go on, have a go, it’s delicious:
Peppery Mushroom Pate with Thyme
- 250 grams chestnut mushrooms
- 50 grams bread crumbs
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Half a fresh chilli de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 good handful of fresh thyme
- 2 tsp course ground black pepper
- pinch salt
- Fry off the onion and mushrooms in a frying pan until the onion is just beginning to brown then add the chilli, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and sizzle for another five minutes
- Allow to cool and then place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and blitz with a hand blender.
Voila – a delicious herby and very peppery mushroom pate!
This isn’t a sponsored post but if you did want to grab yourself the bit of neatness that is the reusable sandwich wrapper they are available here : Ananda Foods